Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Today I went back to Philly to saty for a few days. Emily, Alex, and Michael were all very upset. We all sat in moms livingroom crying. I did not want to leave but know that Sydney needs me there. Actually the kids told me last night not to be upset, they know Sydney needs me more right now then they do. They are great kids.
Sydney is doing well. They had to change a part on the ecmo machine today so she was off of it for about a minute and did fine. They said it was a good test. Dr Flake came by today and said that fri looks like surgery day as long as she continues to loose her fluid. If she has surgery on Fri they are looking at taking her off the Ecmo by the end of next week. This scares the crap out of me. She is very content were she is. i know she needs surgery and off ecmo, but that is the safty net!
I am so sorry that I have not gotten pictures up yet. If you go to www.carepages.com and put in sydneytaborelli you will be able to see her. I don't know when I will get to our computer and I don't think I can download pictures on the computers at CHOP.
Thank you for all of the prayers. PLease continue because God is truley listening.

4 comments:

Owain's mommy said...

Praying for you Sydney! Stay strong sweetie. You have people all over the world praying for you.You can beat CDH's booty!

Amber

Liz and Shane Nelson said...

Kathy,
I wish I was there to give you a big hug. We are praying for Sydney.

casau said...

prayers for all of yu guys! thank you for sharing your journey w/ us.keep up the good work. great job older "guys". stay strong.

Tracy Meats said...

Prayers that Sydney remains stable and can have her surgery repair very soon and come off ECMO.

Tracy Meats - mom to Ian, born with a LCDH on 4/3/04 and WY and CO State Rep. for CHERUBS